PDA

View Full Version : Roman Harvest Fountain pens

Terry
01-08-13, 12:40
I have been looking at the Roman Harvest fountain pens from Timberbits with a view to purchasing some.
As I have only seen the photos supplied by T/B and never seen them in real life I was wondering if anyone has purchased them and could give me a rundown on the quality.
They certainly look good but I would like to be certain before buying!!!!:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Neil
01-08-13, 15:14
Terry,

They are excellent, I have had several buyers who prefer these to the Jr Majestic. The Gold with Rhodium is a bit blingy, but the Rhodium with Black Titanium is a real classy pen, a bit of the fancy stuff to give it quality but reasonably subtle.

Terry
01-08-13, 16:07
Thanks for the info Neil. I'll go ahead and get some ordered!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jimjam66
01-08-13, 16:09
As Neil says, Terry, quality is good. A very heavy, solid pen. Even my wife thought it was OTT, though - her exact phrase was "Mr T should hang one round his neck." Never had a black titanium one, so will bow to Neil's experience on that one.

Woody
01-08-13, 16:59
David is an engineer by trade and he has them made to his own spec and you would be hard pushed to find a better kit I love em go for it Terry you wont be disappointed

Jim
01-08-13, 17:29
I haven't any experiance on the fountain pen Terry, only the rollerball which can be seen here .. http://www.penturners.co.uk/wood-turned-items/41-roman-harvest-rollerball-pen.html

A real man's pen ... :bwink:

Terry
01-08-13, 18:20
I haven't any experiance on the fountain pen Terry, only the rollerball which can be seen here .. http://www.penturners.co.uk/wood-turned-items/41-roman-harvest-rollerball-pen.html

A real man's pen ... :bwink:

Thanks for that link Jim. It has only reaffirmed my thoughts!!!!

rowdyyates115
01-08-13, 18:26
They look the business ... will have to give them a go as well....

Terry
01-08-13, 20:04
I have been looking at the Roman Harvest fountain pens from Timberbits with a view to purchasing some.
As I have only seen the photos supplied by T/B and never seen them in real life I was wondering if anyone has purchased them and could give me a rundown on the quality.
They certainly look good but I would like to be certain before buying!!!!:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Another big hole in my wallet. On top of that the boss says that I can upgrade my lathe!!!!!
I think I should come out of retirement and get a part time job!!!!!!!:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Jim
01-08-13, 20:15
I Hope that i get a good boss when i retire ... :whistling:

bellringer
01-08-13, 20:19
On top of that the boss says that I can upgrade my lathe!!!!!

Why can i not have a boss like that o wait i am my boss :goesred: