• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How do you stack you gouges?

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
At the moment i have them lying on top of my bench. I know i need to get a rack and stack them correct. How do you stack yours?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have mine on the wall with terry clips so easy to see exactly what each tool is

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I use plastic buckets easy to see in kind to the gouge tips the few I actually use all the time in an old drawer fitted at the bench, some under the lathe at the time. Seem to get by best this way, try to avoid magnetising chisels on magnetic strips when you sharpen they get hairy with grindings and sometimes pick up stray small tools.

Kind regards Peter.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Mine are in a box that they came in ...don't know how long it will last it looks a flimsy.

Old Corky

The simplest way for me was PVC plumbing pipe and caps. Drill a screw hole in the cap, screw it onto a piece of board and insert pieces of pipe. Easy to build and rebuild later if needed. :nooidea:
tool holder.jpg

Olsd Corky
Pine Island, Texas

"We are not selling writing pens, we are selling art."

mattyts

Registered
Mine are stored on a simple bit of wood with those metal clips for hammers,screwdrivers etc...works good but dont have them behind the lathe,they have a possibility to wobble out.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).