• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A quick intro

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi All

My name is Ed and I live and do my pen turning in Blackpool. I only ever used a wood lathe once in my life ,that was at school in 1960, so I have a lot of learning to do . I started turning three weeks ago and have produced around thirty or so pens...one or two look OK to me ... but I would be a bit to embarrassed to show you them on here. Hoping to pick up lots of tips from you all....

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Ed, you are somewhere where we have all been, and that is the beginning .. Don't be embarrassed of your initial turnings, it is these you learn from ... Good to have you on board .. :bwink: There are plenty of decent chaps on here who are very willing to help others, so don't hold back with your questions ...:thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Welcome ed dont feel embarrassed to show you pen not matter if you think they are good or bad we will give hint on how to improve them PS we all have fails even me

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Ed and welcome you have come to the right place for good friendly and helpful advice I have only been on this forum a few months myself and the help I have received is outstanding you will probably get your leg pulled when we get to know you but it is only fiendly banter so be brave take the bull by the horns and show us your pens you wont regret it you will only get good sound advice from like minded people Happy turning me ol cocker

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Thanks for the welcome guys...don't mind a bit of banter, and leg pulling I can handle ...Like Woody suggests I'll grab the bull and get some photos up for us all to have a laugh at.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Ed,

Welcome.....This forum is brilliant, like you I am a newbie. The banter is great, the help is even better. Don't worry about mistakes, we all do and have them, its the best way to learn and its good to share them here as well. :funny: :funny:

Old Corky

Welcome Brother, they even let an old man from Texas join in.
Just remember what Terry says, "Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement."
I like to rephrase it to say "Good Pens comes from experience and experience comes from bad Pens.:winking:

Old Corky
Pine Island, Texas

"We are not selling writing pens, we are selling art"

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Welcome Brother, they even let an old man from Texas join in.
Just remember what Terry says, "Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement."
I like to rephrase it to say "Good Pens comes from experience and experience comes from bad Pens.:winking:

Old Corky
Pine Island,
"We are not selling writing pens, we are selling art"

That is so true Corky!!!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).