PDA

View Full Version : New posts

Doug
22-06-15, 13:06
A question for Jim.

I tend to navigate the forum via new posts, I do this on a couple of other forums I frequent, on those the list of new posts lasts quite a while but on here particularly if I've got up to make a cup of tea when I click on new posts the long list of threads has been refreshed & there are only a couple of new posts to look at.
Is there any way that the amount of time the new posts list lasts can be altered before it is refreshed?

Hope that makes sense, only I seem to be regularly missing posts :nooidea:

Penpal
22-06-15, 13:10
I just do the best I can to cover posts remembering or quick scanning the ones I feel I understand.

Peter.:fingers:

ataylor
22-06-15, 13:25
I tend to use the one in the welcome back box along with the todays posts.

Grump
22-06-15, 14:25
I think it may depend on the browser to. I use the New Post tab and it refreshes when I have viewed them all, with Chromium but likewise it refreshes and loses threads in Konqueror.
If I think I may have missed something I wanted to look at or review I go to the Activity Stream tab to pick up what where I left off.

PhillH
22-06-15, 14:49
Instead of new posts try the Todays posts option, I find that works as it shows the last 24 hours.

Till we get to 30,000 members then you'll f***ed with that one as well :funny:

stevenw1963
22-06-15, 15:48
I'm the same as Doug, you get half way through the posts and the rest disappear - takes me that long to go through all the long winded posts the ol' fogies make :fart::fart::fart:

paulm
22-06-15, 15:53
I use Activity Stream. you can go back and forward using the navigation buttons into the posts and when there are more posts it shows you a count of how many. clicking on Activity Stream again shows the new ones and puts a line under them showing where you've read up to.

Doug
22-06-15, 16:25
I'm the same as Doug, you get half way through the posts and the rest disappear - takes me that long to go through all the long winded posts the ol' fogies make :fart::fart::fart:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :goesred:

Thanks for the ideas fellas, I'm also a bugger for leaving pages open in my browser & find if TPMB has been on my IPad I also miss posts that way :rant:

No wonder Grump calls them confusers :vangry:

Jim
22-06-15, 18:59
You got me here Doug .. I can't answer as i have always used the links from the welcome box as Andy states ..

Have a go at using these Doug and let me know if it still happens, as Brian says it could be browser related .. :thinks:

Penpal
22-06-15, 22:57

:mooney2::mooney2::mooney2: short replies why not just tick like save even more time.

Peter.:chuckle:

wm460
23-06-15, 19:31
Simple solution to an annoying problem.:thumbs:

Doug
23-06-15, 21:21
Cheers Jim :thumbs: