• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Necessity is the Mother init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sods law says that it will go wrong for me dunnit?

Neil was taking Rays auction stuff to Woody today so wanted it dropped off last night.
Nice pillar drill going in the auction, two hours before taking it the recoil spring on my drill breaks, not a problem I hardly use it these days most drilling is done on the lathe.
I'll have a google and order one someday.

This moaning Ex boss phones up, I got a job right up your street Brigsy, 500 pieces been delivered 4 holes in each piece all in the wrong place, I'd rather pay you to re drill em than send em back wait another 5 weeks for em.

Bugger I got broken drill init? Not for bloody long it ain't, pulley wheel bit of copper pipe for a sleeve and a bungee strap has got me in production, maybe not ideal but as long as lasts for 2000 holes I don't care init.

It is working a treat, I did try with a long spring first but it was in my direct line of fire if it snapped or came off, this has the strain going away from me, see I am H&S compliant init?:funny::funny::funny:

Fully up.
P1090988.jpg

Fully darn.
P1090989.jpg

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I thought you were supposed to use ladies tights. :nooidea: Oh no, that was for fanbelt pulleys wasn't it.

Great example of lateral thinking Brian.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Them thar bungees does come in handy I have one holding the gas meter door closed outside, have to replace once a year as the elacy stretches dunit:funny:
Bloody hel I startin to sound like Brian I've been here to long:banana::banana::banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Some people have a holy season at the end of the year Brian you couldnt wait good luck at last. Interested how nmany drillings per drill etc.

Peter.:fingers:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Tell ya wot Keef.
I used that all day today after taking it to bits and overhauling the drill and setting it back up on level.
I got a proper Oil Filled Bronze Bush for the pulley, filled the slot in the spindle with a shim so the nuts tighten up and that is now running so damn goodly I will leave the bloody thing permanent.
That fits snug as a bug and runs like it's on steroids.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).