• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Acrylic Shock Absorber Pen

Penfold

My first Shock Absorber pen.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks
David

Attachments

• Shock Absorber Pen.jpg
    Shock Absorber Pen.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 36
  • Shock Absorber pen 2-1.jpg
    Shock Absorber pen 2-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Shock Absorber pen 1-1.jpg
    Shock Absorber pen 1-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 35

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I think it's a gimmick and one I wouldn't want but I can think of many who would love it and if they see it ask me to make one for them.
So it's the first and last time I shall view this page with onlookers.
Good luck Peter nice work as always, I have seen these kits and avoided them thus far.

Jim

Grand Master
A great looking pen that fits the occasion, i bet you the mechanic loves it also ... Well done David ... :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I made it for a mechanic, who is retiring.
By the way my name is David not Peter.
So sorry young David I was confusing you with Penpal instead of Penfold, I put it down to the fact I was hastily typing so I could close the page before the other lads saw it and wanted one.

Jim

Grand Master
So sorry young David I was confusing you with Penpal instead of Penfold, I put it down to the fact I was hastily typing so I could close the page before the other lads saw it and wanted one.

Plonker!!! :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
PETER, here I love your pen why because it is still novel and totally appropriate, does the image of pen makers proud diving into the world of motor sports rev heads all of us bar a few. Like removing scales from our eyes theres more out there yet. Who would have thought people would get so carried away with cartridge kits. Just watch one important game of Football choose your own code make a pen with appropriate team insignia and observe the effect it has. Stir up the masses give them what they really want bury the predudices not often we can satisfy those with beer money champagne tastes. Viva la revolution and all that.

Kind regards Peter. Then after receipt of the novelty pens introduce the beaut timber pens with a try this or howabout that find out what OTHER folk really want. Man in my family I never predict ahead whats in or out, but when we had our 50th wedding anniversary 8 yrs ago I made every guy a Huon Burl Pen Wilma made every female a sewn round box embroided wedding dates etc under a piece of her wedding dress in under the sewn lid a piece of my light jumper I wore sleeveless on that midwinters day in 1955. This we did prior to the day very well received less of me more of thee. In case you think oh just for a few total was over 60 there are now most of 50 gc and ggc etc.
we have a saying in Australia have a go mate, test the water find out whats over the hill ie besides me.

Jim

Grand Master
Peter, what you say is right, the great thing about pen turning is the fact that all styles of kits and materials will suit someone whether making or buying ... :thumbs:

Jed Baxter

Registered
That is a smart idea for a mechanic and a kit that i have never seen before, it does look good with the green acrylic. :winking:

Penfold

Thank you all very much, the only pens I have turned before this one, were 5 Slimlines, so I very proud of this one.
I got the kit from Turners Retreat. I am going to try the Bolt action bullet pen next. :thumbs:
David

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).