• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Huon pine burl block before and now

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Before 18 by 7 by 1 1/2 inches. 1800mm by After 500mm by 370mm by 20mm each block 20mm square. Sorry but first rule I pick up I use mm or imperial.

Approx age to 3000 yrs tree.

Look forward to turning these in time waited yrs to find this block. This is not a boast to give an idea of yield and the pucker factor plotting around the bark inclusions etc that burl throws up with Huon. Cutting on the Bandsaw takes time.

Kind regards Peter

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0006-001.JPG
    DSCF0006-001.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 25

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Well just a little but weirdly enough I want you to know most things that happen to me follow a real lot of detail so this guy and me go back a bit he cost me plenty a few times, theory detective work locating etc to quote another source I really love it when a plan comes together, most respected man once told me son you win some you lose some sounds simple but in reality its tough from time to time. Years ago I gave a fairly large piece of similar Huon Burl to the same guy shaped naturally as a map of Australia got semi rubbish back but as another bloke said its a long arm that has no elbow. So Terry, Phill, George hang in there.

Weather here is milder looking up.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).