• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mustav

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I started a sharpening rig project a while ago and put it on my website as it was a bit to much to take up a thread until finished and working.
I got waylaid and never finished the project, I got back to it today and got sidetracked again.
I know a few were following it so just a quick note to remind you.
I have started to update it again and hopefully will add some more as I do it over the next few days in spare time.
It is now split into two parts for obvious reasons when you look.
My sharpening system
Mustav

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
That's right up my street Brian. The sort of inovation I like. Can't do it much now but I still like to try.:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Ok I'll start. That ain't you shed in the photos...... Too clean. :tongue:

It is my shed and I did have a right royal clearout and rearrange all me bits.
Don't tell anyone but I even used a plan to do it and maximize the space init?

shop.jpg

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I see there are no comments on the line of "Why did I not see this before I spent £?????? on my sharpening system":devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Love the MUSTAV Brian, especially the banter, you dun arf make me larf mate.:funny::funny:
Brilliant bit of innovation. I knew you'd find a use for that alloy. Oh, and that's a nice looking blade you're sharpening as well btw :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
And here is me thinking that you only go in the shed to sulk .. :tongue:

Excellent tutorial Brian, made better by adding the photos my friend .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Love the MUSTAV Brian, especially the banter, you dun arf make me larf mate.:funny::funny:
Brilliant bit of innovation. I knew you'd find a use for that alloy. Oh, and that's a nice looking blade you're sharpening as well btw :thumbs:
Quite a big blade that one Bob, I don't actually measured but a guess at about 10 inches, Bowie style knife, I was thinking about putting that antler or horn that you sent me on as the handle.
Jew want it when finished??

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Quite a big blade that one Bob, I don't actually measured but a guess at about 10 inches, Bowie style knife, I was thinking about putting that antler or horn that you sent me on as the handle.
Jew want it when finished??

Muchly ta but nope! :nonono: I'd much rather you to keep it or sell it. Love the shape of the blade and it should fetch a nice little sum if you do sell. The antler came from a deer cast off on an estate near Inverness if I remember. Cut it for a handle years ago but never got around to it. Did I put in some burr elm as well Brian - can't remember but if I did it's worth looking at as an alternative as it's nice stuff.

Must have another go and at least finish the one I've started.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).