• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Awaiting delivery date for my new lathe

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I have just ordered from Axminster their AT1628VS lathe and am just waiting to find out when they are going to deliver with it being classed as a heavy item.
When it comes I'll have to find a buyer for my Record CL3 lathe which has been upgraded to variable speed with a quality 3 phase motor. I think I'll let it go at a low price to get it off my hands!!!! :ciggrin::ciggrin::ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
That is a cracking lathe Terry, designed to make good looking pens ... :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Got my lathe from Axminster recently. It took two days to arrive . Their delivery service is second to none.

Jim

Grand Master
Terry, what are your thoughts on the AT1416VS Lathe from Axminster? :thinks:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
Terry, what are your thoughts on the AT1416VS Lathe from Axminster? :thinks:

Jim the 1416 is a cracking lathe I was looking at it in the Axminster store. My mate has the previous version and he thinks his is brilliant. The only reason that I didn't buy it is because it has a fixed headstock and I wanted a lathe with a moveable headstock for doing large bowls but if you are only doing pens then I don't think there is a better lathe on the market in that price region. If you look back in the posts I've mentioned this one a few times!!!!:thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
Got a phone call from Axminster tonight at 5.30pm. The man says can I make you a very happy person. Knowing that my new lathe is coming tomorrow I said yes. The man who is the driver says I'll be at your house at 7.30am tomorrow morning!!!!!! . Bloody hell I'm a pensioner now and not used to getting up at this early hour. I thought those times were a thing of the past!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
One happy man in the making, I take it your old un will be Jim's new un.
I did ask the question about the adapter Jim but don't got an answer for ya yet he is working on his lads to see if anyone has suitable taps n dies, other than that it's no problem.
Give him a few days to see his employees & I will prompt him if he don't got back to me.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
I did ask the question about the adapter Jim but don't got an answer for ya yet he is working on his lads to see if anyone has suitable taps n dies, other than that it's no problem.
Give him a few days to see his employees & I will prompt him if he don't got back to me.

No David (Jimjam66) bought my old one!!!!

Jim

Grand Master

Excellent Brian, but no hurry as i am waiting for my lean-to to be finished so i can place a new lathe in there .. The War Office has passed the buy ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I've got Terry's old un, Brian. Thought I'd do the old duffer a favour and get it out of his shed before the new one arrived ... :tongue:

I was after a 1" x8tpi (chuck) to 3/4 x 16tpi (spindle) adapter, but rushed into getting a new Supernova2 chuck. Arrived yesterday, looks horrible on the lathe ... NOT!!!! :fart:

Jim

Grand Master
Well!!! Are you going to let us know or are you still playing with it .... :rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).