• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Resin on the turn

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I have just gone to use some resin when I started to pour it it came out rather like jelly. This is obviously of no good so I divided it up into two cups added some colour and then poured back into one after adding a little more hardener.

Has anyone tried this and what type of results did you get. Or will this be a wait and see. No harm was done as it would have ended up in the bin so no loss if it don't work.

I will find out tomorrow if it is use it or bin it, I will take photo's.

Anyway I did manage to do a block of blanks which I hope will be OK as I am still playing at this casting lark.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just took a couple of photo's

The cup is the result of the old resin and the block is the new casting

Attachments

• DSCF5262.jpg
    DSCF5262.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF5261.jpg
    DSCF5261.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 66

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It will cure even if it is not as normal, you can cut it up or smash it with a lump hammer into chips and recast it with clear or contrasting resin.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
It will cure even if it is not as normal, you can cut it up or smash it with a lump hammer into chips and recast it with clear or contrasting resin.

Peter

I already have a pot with the bigger chips in which I am going to try sometime.

The block looks a good one Derek, the cup to be honest looks a bit sickly to me lol :thumbs:

The cup is only red and black. If it hardens I will cut it square and make something from the square section and then put the bits in my pot as I mentioned above in my reply to Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
One down one to go? The block seems a neat way to make blanks, now wait and see time bit like a lottery you pay your money and take your chances Derek as you say nothing ventured mate.

Peter.:fingers:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).