• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Things I turn with Blackwood logs

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have made quite a few of these they are about 10 to 12" tall about 4" wide and they sell very well in fact I have sold every one I made including the one I was going to keep enjoy

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 63

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Keith it is made from aluminum rod and turned on a wood lathe with one end held in the chuck and the centre drilled very slightlly to house the revolving centre I used a scrapper on this one which you do have to sharpen quite often or I have some extension bars from a socket set fixed in a handle and I use metal cutting tool steel in the end of that but a mate is borrowing it at the moment so I cant show you any photos of it

Jim

Grand Master
Two stunning pieces Woody, are the base's glued on or is it how you finished them ... :thinks:

ColWA

Apprentice Member
Very elegant...beautiful timber.

So how are the tops finished? Are they dished, hollowed or just turned level ?

Col

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you all for your very kind comments and for the very warm welcome in such a short time I feel as if I am among good friends on this forum a special thank you to Jim for the help he has given me in my opinion this has to be the best forum on line God bless you all

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thank you all for your very kind comments and for the very warm welcome in such a short time I fell as if I am among good friends on this forum a special thank you to Jim for the help he has given me in my opinion this has to be the best forum on line God bless you all

It's great to have a gentleman like yourself on Woody and such a professional turner!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).