PDA

View Full Version : Avatar size

Anthraquinone
14-08-15, 22:24
When I looked at adding an avatar it said that the maximum size as 110 b110 pixels but clearly some people have much larger pictures - I assume that these are avatars - what is happening ?

AQ

Penpal
14-08-15, 22:41
Clearly John its not the size of the Avatar that counts it is how you use it from the beginning of time this question plagues us all. I note with a count of 22 Posts and so many members, you could feel polarised.

Peter.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Doug
15-08-15, 05:11
I could never work out the avatar size on this or other sites John, when changing my avatar I just keep cropping a picture until the site allows it to be used, I never really know what size it actually is :nooidea:

Penpal
15-08-15, 06:32
This time I took the easy way out plonked in one that was suitable and available on the forum.

Peter.:fingers:

wm460
15-08-15, 09:06
Like Doug, some work some done.:scratch_head::scratch_head:

Anthraquinone
15-08-15, 09:54
Clearly John its not the size of the Avatar that counts it is how you use it from the beginning of time this question plagues us all. I note with a count of 22 Posts and so many members, you could feel polarised.

Peter.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Only 22 posts (make it 23 now) and a small avatar is bad but having zero friends and people laughing at me is worse :sob: It is a good job I am not paranoid.

AQ

Penpal
15-08-15, 10:03
Only 22 posts (make it 23 now) and a small avatar is bad but having zero friends and people laughing at me is worse :sob: It is a good job I am not paranoid.

AQ

Chin up mate show us your pens kick in and enjoy.Our Avatars are the same size the side note says you are on a distinguished road good luck mate.

Peter.:fingers::fingers:

billyb_imp
15-08-15, 10:58

AQ

You have a whole forum full of friends here John :thumbs:

We seem to use different size photos for differing purposes, we have a profile picture at 100 x 100 pixels, this is what is displayed when you or someone else visits your profile. Avatar images which I think can be up to 150 x 150, I use the same photo for both but resized.

If You want to upload an image to a post then you can go much bigger, personally I tend to keep the long side of any photo at 800mm, this seems to be plenty big enough on here, I don't want to show to much detail of my pens, often far to many scratches on them. :thinks::thinks:

Grump
15-08-15, 11:12
Avatars can vary in pixel size and file size.
The site software is working well at cropping post images, I just click on the original pic in my folder and upload directly from that .

Anthraquinone
15-08-15, 19:22
Chin up mate show us your pens kick in and enjoy.Our Avatars are the same size the side note says you are on a distinguished road good luck mate.

OK I will post a couple of pictures but I guess the "Show Off Your Finished Pens" forum is a more appropriate place. I will put them under the title "Pens for Penpal".

AQ

Neil Lawton
15-08-15, 20:00

AQ

You're lucky!:funny:

I didn't even know there was a friends thing on here???
Apparently I have no friends but 2 reputations!
Not sure whether this is a forum thing or my Police record.:funny::funny::funny:

Jim
15-08-15, 20:43
Without going to silly sizes the Avatar size is determined by ranking, some are by Pixel size and some are by File-Size (bytes) .. :thumbs:

Penpal
15-08-15, 21:47
You're lucky!:funny:

I didn't even know there was a friends thing on here???
Apparently I have no friends but 2 reputations!
Not sure whether this is a forum thing or my Police record.:funny::funny::funny:

All friends on this forum Neil we all lose the fun using the written word in a hurry but my late Yorkshire mate Tom Summers used to say to me do you want to understand me or will I use my Yorkshire accent. No doubt there are many and varied accents here on the forum init.I always look forward to your energy .

Penpal
15-08-15, 21:53
OK I will post a couple of pictures but I guess the "Show Off Your Finished Pens" forum is a more appropriate place. I will put them under the title "Pens for Penpal".

AQ

Read this after seeing your pens quite a tribute mate great response to my attempt at humour I had a now passed mate who was the Australian Dremel rep who used timbers from around the world to make a uniform elaborate small high boot with his demo time, travelling around Australia who also made pens from the same timbers magnificent obsession.

wm460
16-08-15, 00:07
Apparently I can fly like a bird.:nooidea: