• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Philip Greenwood

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Just a heads up to say that Philip is at the Whats On Evwa on Wednesday the 9th of September if anyone is in or around the Nottimgham area & fancies seeing him in action.
Definitely a demo I don't want to miss :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Say hello from the scruffy long haired git in York Doug. Haven't managed to meet up with Phil and Wendy for a while.
Lovely bloke who gives a good demo.
He was well impressed with your cube turning after the first York do! He's not a member on here but I snipped your pictures to show him.:whistling:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
:nooidea:
Say hello from the scruffy long haired git in York Doug. Haven't managed to meet up with Phil and Wendy for a while.
Lovely bloke who gives a good demo.
He was well impressed with your cube turning after the first York do! He's not a member on here but I snipped your pictures to show him.:whistling:

Remember his demo well from your first York do Neil, very entertaining, I enjoy watching anyone who makes you want to go & try something new & challenging, I'll remember you to him :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Well last night was the night & here's the man in action

AA30B745-AF28-464C-AE49-43E505BA5A39_zpsf10dcabe.jpg

His first project of the evening was a two piece candle stick

49B14F79-9B7B-40DF-8AFC-718ED441EC09_zpsfaf5655d.jpg

There wasn't much chance to take photos as the evening was fairly hectic the photo above & below were taken when the unfinished piece was past around, I did like the way Phillip turned his socket, I tend to turn a spigot & then remove it but I may give this a try.

C6E349B0-4A55-4D40-8A23-0F488D7C3814_zpsf377bc31.jpg

Sadly the domed shape he created within the socket doesn't show that well in the photo, but gave an added dimension that I liked.

His second project was a bowl turned from a green blank, I didn't get chance to photograph this as by the time it was finished it was packing up time.

Finally I took the opportunity of a free magazine, one of the members had bought a load in to give away, I'm not a big reader of magazines but came home with this publication

IMG_0747_zps1ed64c00.jpg

Although 5 years old it has provided some interesting reading this morning from our Antipodean friends , though I've got to admit I wouldn't be shelling out $9.50 on it :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).