• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polyester Cast Pen (Looks and feel of Stone)

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Homemade Polyester Slim Pen.

Casting this I thought was going to be a disaster.
So when I had a play, started turning it thinking it was just going to be a practice piece 'again'. Experimenting with a new shape for me.
After getting the shape I was surprised it looked like stone. Polished it up and it does have the look and feel of polished stone. Not quite granite but a poor man's sandstone ish.... :noway1:

P1020322.JPG

What do you think, picture does not quite do it justice.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Looks good Rowdy...Once had a little lighthouse made out of Serpentine from the Lizard that was that colour.

Jim

Grand Master
I love to see pens made by experimenting, this has proved dividends Rowdy as i see the stone effect, i see it but with a bit of moss too ...

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Give me a couple of days and I will see if I can get a tutorial together. :thinks:
Jim would you check it out for me before I put it up on the site:bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Polyester is good material to play with and when you get it right it can make some lovely looking pens. :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).