• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Corian / Etched Brass

Firefrode

Hi
Just finished this desk pen for a colleague in Corian and topped with an etched 7.62 shell case that has been etched with salt / current process.
He has asked for two more so quite chuffed.

Fred

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 88

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That's very clever Fred, I've just got to try this etching lark.:itscool:

I love the shell case but personally not keen on the pen as I think the centre band spoils it a bit. Have you thought about turning the case around, ditching the c/band and fitting a rifle clip to the bullet end?
Not meant as criticism Fred, I'm certainly not experienced enough to do that, just my opinion.

Your customer clearly is very happy or wouldn't have placed more orders and that's all that matters.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
As long as the punter is happy that is your objective achieved init?
A nice bit of etching but the rest of it aint for me.

Jim

Grand Master
I like the way you have finished the shell Fred, reading Bob's suggestion doesn't seem a bad idea .. :wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Fred I was thinking to do away with that centre band its getting long then noticed Lons thought this as well I know photography accentuates. Rowdy Fred has described in infinite detail how to on previous posts it will impress you indeed I was.

Love the deep paternation mate a new era has dawned for Cartridge pens so many thanks for showing.

Peter.

Firefrode

Thank you all for the comments and crit. It all goes to rethink and then redesign. This design was requested as I too thought the casing would look better the other way as that is the way I normally do them.
Regards

Fred

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very very nice Fred, I'm hoping to have a go at this soon :thumbs:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Brilliant looking casing, well done.:drool::drool:

I think the centre band spoils it a bit. Have you thought about turning the case around, ditching the c/band and fitting a rifle clip to the bullet end?
I agree with Bob on this, If you want a centre band make your own,
Also one a bullet pen you should have a projectile for the nib, bit like the old Aussie saying :tongue::tongue:
" A ute with out a dog is like a shag with out a woman, you can do it but it's not normal.":devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).