• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My soft end a thread for things we make

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
I used a MT1xJT6 turned the Jacobs taper(1) so a small bearing pressed on, made the body number (2)
so it pressed over the outer of the bearing drilled a hole number (3) so I can lock the bearing with a screw drilled and taped and can be used on the drive spindle,
Drilled 3 hole number (4) so the soft end number can be change for bigger or a mushroom end for bowls

Attachments

• DSCF1501.jpg
    DSCF1501.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 105

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Excellent piece of kit Barry.. :love_it:.

Thanks for sharing, it's always nice to see how others modify bits and bobs to suit a different task..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).