• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wot went wong

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted to make they say what you want and what you get are two different things and that sure happened this time still another day tomorrow it should have been a bit shorter and with a thinner stem but hey I still had fun and I should be able to fix it tomorrow but we will see
So your not the only one to make mistakes LOL

Attachments

• DSCF1331 (2).JPG
    DSCF1331 (2).JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1333 (2).JPG
    DSCF1333 (2).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 45

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Sorry Woody but as lovely as they are, and they truly are both before and after.
There is just something that makes me think of a casket for someone's ashes.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry Woody but as lovely as they are, and they truly are both before and after.
There is just something that makes me think of a casket for someone's ashes.

Well they would have to be a bloody small midget it is only 4" x 4" do you know anyone that small :funny::funny:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Amazing how the eye deceives, it looks as though it would be a lot bigger than that.

I liked the before, but I prefer the after. To my inexperienced eye it seems to have a better balance if that's the right term.

What does it turn like ?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Amazing how the eye deceives, it looks as though it would be a lot bigger than that.

I liked the before, but I prefer the after. To my inexperienced eye it seems to have a better balance if that's the right term.

What does it turn like ?

I love turning it with sharp tool you can get an excellent finish from the tool which requires very little sanding its one of those wood every turner should try

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well it cant be that bad a young lady in Scotland has laid claim to it already good game, good game

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).