• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Casting braid

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
For those that enjoy experimenting.

Not sure if it would work but I should imagine that it would have to be done in a chamber.

How about trying THIS

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Pretty sure if it's got polyethylene in it it would be a non starter Derek but others may know better

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Whatever the braid is made from it is most effective as a sleeving under watch parts check out the IAP Library which braid etc.

Peter.

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Whatever the braid is made from it is most effective as a sleeving under watch parts check out the IAP Library which braid etc.

Peter.

Problem with this material Peter is that the normal glues we use will not work and it needs to be attached to the tube somehow otherwise everything starts spinning. I've tried shink fit in the past but a heavy cut will twist it off

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Appreciate this and kind of you to point it out somehow we over here are in a backwater or at least I am with glue knowledge thanks for the heads up.

Peter.

kjmc1957

Registered
There are video's on You Tube, I'm at work so can't get on to it to look them up, but if memory serves me right (it often doesn't) look for Wood'n'whimsies or Chad Schimmell???not sure about the last name

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).