• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Chrome Simplicity

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Another simplicity Pen kit.

This time in Corian, the reason why I wanted to do it in Corian was to see if a standard 12.5 mm blank would do it.. well the result is Yes :thumbs:

OK there is not allot of "play room", but we are working to perfection on here aren't we..:devil:

Kit Chrome Simplicity (Parker type refill) Dayacom kit
Finish - Through the MM's then Polish

simplicity-2.JPG

Thought I would pair it with a streamline kit done with the same material, Corian. Most of you are familiar with the streamline, size and fit.

Kit - Gold plated (Cross type refill) Dayacom kit
Finish - through the MM's and polish.

Simplicity - streamline comp.jpg

In my view the simplicity pen has allot going for it, simple to put together and simple to make. (As simple as a two tube kit can be)

You have to be careful when squaring the ends, particular with the bottom section as there is no play room with the transmission as it screws in to place. Interestingly the nib will operate with twisting the tranni in either direction, multi use. got a few out with friends now to see what they think of them.

This is the type of Kit I have been on about in my droll rants about making a smaller, thinner "Parker type" pen.. I believe this is a winner for me.

Thoughts anyone..?:fingers::fingers:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I can see more clearly now with the comparison how the nib has been enlarged to hold the larger biro, the lower brass is longer than the top, Liking the clip on the Streamline its racy and different reminds me of the old Parker 51 shape that stunned me 40 plus yrs ago. The stunning part came about as I worked my third job pulling petrol into the night at an Ampol service station a promotion was run for Parker 51 pens as prizes and I won one. Running three jobs together reminded me how some people said we were lucky yes I found the harder you work with six kids the luckier you get.

Yes I like your new pen.

Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
Both nice pens Eamonn, i think that kit could be a winner .. It also reminds me that it is quite a long time since i made a pen from Corian .. :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Thanks for the comment guys..

I really do like this pen kit, it does have allot going for it. Nice and slim with a half decent refill.

I think once they world starts to like it we may have a few variants hitting the floor.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
A nice looking kit, would be nice to see it available closer to home :whistling::whistling:

Oh and its a fine looking pen you've turned there Eamonn :thumbs:

Macaronytony

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
Both pen's look great and like you I like the idea of a small pen that can take the Parker refill. :love_it:

Just need to get a couple to have a play with. Pen kits that is.....

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).