• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gluing Pens

Maurice

The film from Japan and one from Timber bits show parts of the pens being glued. Do any of you do this on your pens. I tried it once and got epoxy over the finish.

I know some of you sell pens so fast that you don't need to store them but for us lesser mortals how do you store your finished pens which have had so much time and care lavished on the finish!!!

Happy turning

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Maurice,
The only glue I use on pens is fixing the tubes in, and to secure that blessed centre band on the Euro.
Regarding the storage - you won't go far wrong if you invest in those nylon sleeves sold by Axminster, or several sellers on e-bay. These should cost you no more than 30p each (bought in tens) so are cheap enough to give away with each pen you sell. In my experience customers are pleasantly surprised at being given this little "bonus", particularly when you remember that many pens are bought as gifts for other people, and you've now saved the buyer the cost of a presentation box! On the other side of the equation - if you are selling a "bespoke" pen or a pair of them, then you should always provide a nice-looking case to house them.
Only my opinions, Maurice. I hope they help.
Regards, Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).