• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Two Firsts

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
My first Cigar and Europeans in acrylics ...c & c gladly accepted.

Attachments

• P1040968.JPG
    P1040968.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 41

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nicely made and finished Ed well done you no one would know you are a beginner from the quality of those pens keep up the good work dont let Brian see them he hates plastic with avengaence LOL

Jim

Grand Master
Three very well turned pens Ed, the colours suit the gold accents well. :thumbs: Are these your first acrylics? :thinks:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Three very well turned pens Ed, the colours suit the gold accents well. :thumbs: Are these your first acrylics? :thinks:

No Jim I'm an old hand with acrylics now as last week I did a Sierra and the week before a Polaris. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I don't gonna fault em mate it can be a right bugger putting a tenon in acrylic without shattering it, well done.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
No tenon??:pray:
Disappointment.:sob:
Another one cheating, I thought the bottom looked a bit fat like me.:kiss:
Ray Ed needs some lessons one how to glue the band on.:nonono::devil::devil:
Truth be known I think they look better like this than the way the instructions say.
Thats what it's all about making it the way you want it.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Tenons on mine ...didn't know there was a problem with tenons and acrylic ..just went ahead and did it, just like the instructions said .

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Tenons on mine ...didn't know there was a problem with tenons and acrylic ..just went ahead and did it, just like the instructions said .

I take it all back I am truly impressed, it's been a long time since I made one.
Gave all that stuff away, George took what he wanted and Woody got what was left now I gonna start doing pens again I think.
So used to looking at bad one I dunno a good un when I see it init?
edit I just pulled mine from the drawer looks the same dimensions as yours.
Something was telling me the bottom was sposed to be slimer

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I take it all back I am truly impressed, it's been a long time since I made one.
Gave all that stuff away, George took what he wanted and Woody got what was left now I gonna start doing pens again I think.
So used to looking at bad one I dunno a good un when I see it init?
edit I just pulled mine from the drawer looks the same dimensions as yours.
Something was telling me the bottom was sposed to be slimer

The shy and diplomatic Ed Not wanting to embarrass me publicly emailed a picture of his tenon with a nice note.
I told him to show it off and be proud of it but I think he is too much of a gentleman to make an issue.
I am not Ed I will embarrass myself happily because it deserves to be shown off, you did a flaming good job and deserve some credit for it not pee taking.
Here is the pic Ed sent do you think he did a good job and like to see it I do?
More power to you mate for attempting it and succeeding where so many would not bother.
P1040956.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
I agree Brian, it is so easy to taper off the tenon towards the body, but this looks the dogs dangles ... :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloming well done Ed pat yourself on the back a lot of long term turners still cant get that right not that they would freely admit it

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).