• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Grumps patent sharpning jig reproduction

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Here it is Grump ..not finished yet as I have to go out this afternoon .I need to decide on the angle yet and what finish to use ...maybe 20 coats of CA/BLO ...what due think ???:thinks:

Attachments

• P1040995-1.JPG
    P1040995-1.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 121

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
That is so simsilar to mine and yes I finished it with a matt varnish just to seal it and keep it respectable.
I didn't wnat shiney in case of glare while using it.
I tell you it works wonderfully for a simple jig well done.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Sorry chaps ,the 20 coats of CA/BLO was meant as a joke,but I might varnish it as George suggests.

Jim

Grand Master
Sorry chaps ,the 20 coats of CA/BLO was meant as a joke,but I might varnish it as George suggests.

You can't believe they thought that Ed, eh ... .:rolling: Plonkers!!

I think this may be the first version, many to follow me thinks ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Here it is Grump ..not finished yet as I have to go out this afternoon .I need to decide on the angle yet and what finish to use ...maybe 20 coats of CA/BLO ...what due think ???:thinks:

Wow Ed that really warms the cockles mate, I am thrilled to bits that someone likes my idea enough to make such a good job and so quick I am thrilled to bits with it and hope you will be too.
That's what I think.:winking:

Luv it.:kiss:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).