• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pyro'ed pot

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This is my first real attempt with a pyro iron all I have ever done before is say a tree to cover up a split in a vase
All I could find for this experiment was a bit of Sherry Sycamore would have been better but there you go a simple shape vase which I haven't removed the middle yet just in case it all went belly up then I could remove it and start again it is about 8" tall I will finish it tomorrow hope it dont move over night LOL

Attachments

• DSCF1386 (2).JPG
    DSCF1386 (2).JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 36

Jim

Grand Master
You never cease to amaze us Woody, for a first attempt that is bloody marvellous ... :thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Woody did you transfer the image or freehand it....I have a peter childs machine but have not used it yet welldone Frankie.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I copied or should I say I traced it with a soft B2 pencil turned the tracing paper over then went over it again on the revers side with an ordinary pencil and it transferred on to the bowl then went over it with the same P/C iron as you have the shading I done with a soldering iron

Here is the finished item

Attachments

• DSCF1395 (2).JPG
    DSCF1395 (2).JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1396 (2).JPG
    DSCF1396 (2).JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 11

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Something I had never passed a thought to Woody, very interesting and thank you for posting it.
Intrigued more about the covering crack logic you spoke of, do you have an example to show please?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).