• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Celtic Cross on a Barron Pen

Jim

Grand Master
A Chrome plated Barron using Amboyna burl with a Celtic Cross in the top barrel. The material used for the Celtic Cross is black plastic and a Coca Cola can.

celtic_cross_on_a_rollerball_barron.jpg

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
very smart... ive got a couple of celtic cross blanks made up, just nned the inspiration to turn them now........ that might be the catalyst!! :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks Matty, seeing your nut pen has had me searching the net on how they actually stabilise the blank. Looks like an investment next year in a pressure pot.. This is why i like forums where we can share ideas ... :thumbs:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Thanks Matty, seeing your nut pen has had me searching the net on how they actually stabilise the blank. Looks like an investment next year in a pressure pot.. This is why i like forums where we can share ideas ... :thumbs:

Very nice Celtic Cross and pen Jim.
I recently photographed a homemade stabilizing pot, which is different to a pressure pot.
Will post pics later, you will probably have to remind me.

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice Celtic Cross and pen Jim.
I recently photographed a homemade stabilizing pot, which is different to a pressure pot.
Will post pics later, you will probably have to remind me.

All we need now mark, is someone to remind me to remind you ... :rolling:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the comments guys .. I was luckily enough to have two pens shown in the March AWGB magazine, this was one of them ... :goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).