• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Segmented JR Victor Pen

Jim

Grand Master
A segmented Gold plated JR Victor pen, using woods, Purple Heart, Blackwood and Osage Orange.

segmented_pen.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Yes very nice Jim, never used osage orange in my turning, looking at the picture it seems to have the same grain as the purple heart? :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
wow, a blast from the past, this pen appeared in one of the magazines at AWGB ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is so nice well done I haven got the patience to even try doing that have you ever tried turning X cut osage orange it is a pig

Jim

Grand Master
That is so nice well done I haven got the patience to even try doing that have you ever tried turning X cut osage orange it is a pig

Woody, i have about 5 or 6 blanks of this wood with X cut, i gave one to young Matty, telling him that it would be difficult to turn but would give good results if he managed to finish it .. I was thinking of using it for segmenting etc, but i may just have a go at turning a piece ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).