• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

first and second attempt at making a blank

puggy

Apprentice Member
First Name
darren
been lurking about the forum for a bit, finally got round to making my own blanks so i though i would share them here, feel free to have a good giggle at the first attempt which was a slight disaster :goesred:
IMG_20151022_132128.jpgIMG_20151022_132154.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Darren, no giggles mate just encouragement .. :thumbs:

Those of us who have been down this path can relate to your first casting, we probably all had similar or worse experiences .. :winking:

The art is sticking with it, things will become easier my friend ..

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya mate welcome in the nuthouse init?
Not a bad drip tip for a first attempt, they are fiddly fings at the best of times init?

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.

If you think your first attempt was bad you should have been here when Woody had a go at his first Polymer Clay Blank

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Welcome Darren, hope you enjoy the forum. Never tried casting myself so well done for giving it a go. No such things as failures really just things to learn from. Well done and keep it up.

puggy

Apprentice Member
First Name
darren
Wotchya mate welcome in the nuthouse init?
Not a bad drip tip for a first attempt, they are fiddly fings at the best of times init?

I actually make drip tips for sale but have been purchasing the blanks for them. Been wanting to make my own blanks for a while to offer customization, local shop wanted an orange and black to suit there theme so was the perfect time to have a go, owner was absolutely thrilled with that tip so i'm happy, there happy and i've got some more blanks and tip's to make. Once i've got some spare time i'm going to have a play at making some more complicated blanks. :fingers:

and yes, they can be a bit fiddly to make at times

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the loony bin Darren.
You have to make mistakes to know where you went wrong and get it right next time :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).