• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The eagle has landed

bespeco149

Apprentice Member
Hiya guys, Just joined forum a couple of days ago still trying to navigate my way around. I've been woodturning now for 5 years but would like to concentrate on pen turning. <so I will be racking you guys brains for tips> Acquired 5kilos of polyester resin and pigments so I plan to do my own casting <god help me> so any advice would really be appreciated. Look forward to chatting to you guys soon as I've got a thousand questions to ask. That's her indoors just cooked the breakfast, catch you all later.
Derek

Bluefoxy

I hope that's a full Scottish breakfast and not porridge made with water and salt!!! Welcome to the forum.

Ray

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome again Derek, you will find that if you cast your resin into plastic tubes you will not need to stabilise them like you would if making blanks 5 or 6 inch square ... :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome Derek I am sorry I will not be giving any advise on casting, It's not a thing I would encourage anyone to do at home.
I have already been in enough bover in the past with my arguments on this subject these days I keep my big fat gob firmly shut and let people get on with it.
If I can help on any other subject I am only to pleased to do so.
They are a great crowd here and you will always get an answer to a question, might not be the one you want but hey ho init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry I'm late in welcoming you but I have been out most of the day just got in so welcome Derek a man after my own heart I had a full fry up for my lunch today good unit

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).