• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Three pictures

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Three pictures cut from 200mm x 250mm, 6mm oak veneered mdf in home made simple pine frames, just to show them on the stand.
happy scrolling
Steve

Attachments

• girrafe (2).jpg
    girrafe (2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 81
  • horse grazing (2).jpg
    horse grazing (2).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 80
  • penguins (2).jpg
    penguins (2).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 80

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Keep meaning to use the scroll saw I have, so many things I would like to try, can't find the numfunk to start init?
They look goodly ta for showing em.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Love em I must get my scroll saw back out the grand kids loved colouring them last year

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Really nice work Steve, I haven't used my scrollsaw for years.

I wouldn't display them in those frames though as rather distracts from and spoils the work IMHO

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Thanks for the comments guys,
Bob, to be honest the frames look a lot better than in the photos, I've found that they show better in a frame than without, the simpler the better, on the stand most people don't take too much notice of the frames only to say how much without it or I have one that'll fit at home what size is it?
Only been at it 20 years Terry same as turning but I like scrolling better, I find it very therapeutic.
happy scrolling
Steve

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Minimal penguins heaps of fun, exciting horse thats what they do, the giraffe incredible like the frames the images are so strong the frames as you say finish them off we mortals understand its easier to hang, makes logical sense. My wife is a horse lover cute penguins excite and the ever so real giraffe, impressive trio. Our Zoo here allows up close and in front experiences with the Giraffes they have set up numerous cabins for overnight stays where Lions etc are just the other side of glass windows we just applied in a competition for an overnight stay. Real change of underwear experiences.

Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
All beauties Steve, but i particularly like the Penguin one .. Thanks for showing them my friend .. :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Wasn't meant as criticism Steve just in the photos my eye was drawn to the missing knots in the frames.
the pony is my favourite btw.

That's prompted me a bit, must make my granddaughter a jigsaw! :thinks:

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Bob no worries, that's why I posted them for comments good or bad but I think I will change that frame on the horse even if the boss never noticed, she just loved the horse.
happy scrolling
Steve

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
They look really good Steve . You certainly have bags of talent and I would think barrow loads of patience to produce art work like that

:thumbs::thumbs:

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Hi Lons, sorry for the delay but I thought I did answer you but yes you are correct cut out and back with black card.
Excellent marquetry by the way.
happy scrolling
Steve

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).