• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stainless Resin Saver.

First Name
Dan
Some time ago some of you my remember my post about my friend Charlie.

Charlie has made me a stainless steel resin saver.

He is also due to feature on the telly over the next few weeks so I will let you know when he is on.

071d5da4e45ca0264f17f6c148151741.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

First Name
Dan
The end pieces will have the holes for silicon plugs and are also removable to allow the blank to be removed.

First Name
Dan
Even with mold release.... I'd imagine PR will probably come out ok but you'll have a fight to get epoxy or PU out and probably quickly damage the ally in process.
I think mould realise will be needed. This was made out of stainless with the intention of casting silicon resin saver moulds. Charlie made this one as well.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).