• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

7 inch Sycamore bowl

mattyts

Registered
Hi All,this is a sycamore bowl i turned just to test out a new tool I ground (similar to a scraper-see thread : http://www.penturners.co.uk/tools-equipment-accessories/1408-homemade-tool-bushings.html#post14044)
Finished with sanding sealer and friction polish

CAM00108_zpscc45741d.jpg

CAM00107_zps9afe065e.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Well done Matty, keep up the good work, all your hard work is definitely starting to show in you turning ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I'l tell ya what mate ya wouldn't know that from a shop bought china bowl i'ts so smooth not a fault in sight. very well done.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Matt that is a bowl to be proud of well done I cant see one thing wrong with it excellent well executed turned and finished to perfection :thumbs::thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I'l tell ya what mate ya wouldn't know that from a shop bought china bowl i'ts so smooth not a fault in sight. very well done.

That was my first thought, it looks like china !

Fabulous finish, you really have got the knack of friction polish that's for sure.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).