• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

looking for a pen kit with alot of room for casting

The Cabinermaker

Apprentice Member
First Name
James
Hi everyone, as the title says I'm after a pen kit which has lots of room between the tube and the outside of the pen for casting things in the gap like carbon fibre, feathers etc, the biggest one I've used is the Longwood pen kit but you only put a bit of tube in half the blank which wouldn't work with what I'm wanting to do, thank you for any suggestions :winking:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
There are a lot of "pre cast" blanks out there with carbon fiber, metal weaves, steampunk and feathers, the most common circuit boards, most of these are aimed at the Sierra or Sierra vista. As you go up in pen size most also go up in tube size which is not what you want if casting larger items. You could also look at modifying the center band or coupler of a kit to make a bigger pen with smaller tubes...interested to see what your casting thou:thumbs:

The Cabinermaker

Apprentice Member
First Name
James
Thank you for helping, I will try the Sierra kit and see how I get on since I like the look of that type of pen, hopefully I'll post some pics of some hand casted pens soon!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).