• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

After the three pictures

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
One done as a request after seeing the three pictures, 200mm x 250mm x 6mm Oak veneered mdf, finished with Danish Oil.
happy scrolling
Steve

Attachments

• Poppy.jpg
    Poppy.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 71

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
As the lucky recipient of this work of art, I can tell you that it looks even better in reality than it does in the photo. My wife has shown it to all our neighbours, who instantly recognised it as a perfect likeness of Poppy, our Newfoundland dog who died a few months ago.

We are very grateful, Steve, to have this permanent reminder of Poppy. Your creativity and skill are amazing.

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Thanks for the comments guys, it was a bit of a brain ache and a few tense butt clenching moments when cutting but when it was finished, oh the sense of achievement and relief was brilliant.
My wife has shown it to all our neighbours, who instantly recognised it as a perfect likeness of Poppy,
And that Bob gives me even more joy.
happy scrolling
Steve

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Steve and Bob one for the making the other for sharing with us the impact of exciting woodwork both on the maker and the endless joy that comes receiving full marks mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).