• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Marking your work

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Do you mark your finished items? I know it will be difficult with pens, but what about other work. If so how do you do it?

I haven't made anything special, but seeing some of the pictures that The Wood Bucket has added in the gallery, if they were mine i would certainlly like to leave my mark. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Agree marking your work is a must, especially on your master pieces. There are tools out there that you can buy for this, including branding irons where you can use your own template for the marking. This site is an idea of what i mean.

TWB, i agree with Tony, your items are top class, just by looking at them you can see that you are an excellent turner. :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
I have often fancied giving pyrography on finished pens a try... a couple of folk have asked me for laser etching as well.... I passed on details, and didnt get involved..

I am working on a roe antler pen for a friend, i would liked to have burned the details of the kill on for him.. ie 'Wester kinloch summer 2012' or similar... but i dont want to ruin the pen..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).