• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New order completed

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Had a very nice day in my workshop and completed an order for a set of 6 bowls in Oak one 12" x 2" one 7" x 3" four 6" x 2" I will start Oiling them tomorrow I just love this turning lark

Attachments

• DSCF1411.JPG
    DSCF1411.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1416 (2).JPG
    DSCF1416 (2).JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1419 (2).JPG
    DSCF1419 (2).JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 48

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking bowls Woody, make sure you have some wood left to demonstrate to us minions on the 14th ... :whistling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A mate called in last night and gave me some Pear and Cherry I cut a few in half this morning there are some nice bits of wood there DSCF1410 (2).JPG I may cut one up for pen blanks

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
And this from a man who hates Oak :face:
Lovely job dad, good to see the old Woody coming back to the fore.
Hey Love that Cherry too that stands out to do great things from the lords hands.
I found something today, making a pen from it, gonna call it Woody you bugger.:pray:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Your not wrong there Brian its the same bloody bit you returned to me mind you just starting turning again who cares what wood type it is I'm still picking the bits out of me shirt
You have me mystified now what did you find ?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Ah I am wiv ya that was my birfdy card from ya init?
Looks better like that dunit?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hopefully Terry Its a one off they wanted them by mid week but it is good to know I can still do it especially after having the bypass and before I had it done I only had the energy to do about an 1/2 an hour at a time and towards the end I couldn't do anything at all so it was a good exercise for me I proved to myself that it was still possible for me :thumbs::thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Hopefully Terry Its a one off they wanted them by mid week but it is good to know I can still do it especially after having the bypass and before I had it done I only had the energy to do about an 1/2 an hour at a time and towards the end I couldn't do anything at all so it was a good exercise for me I proved to myself that it was still possible for me :thumbs::thumbs:

That is what I like to hear!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
What wonderful things you show us Woody, I saw that blooming great plank in Brian's workshop complete with Birthday message on it.
He made me rub it down before returning to you.
I would never have guessed it would have created all this, stunning Sir Woody simply stunning.
Now tell me I am wrong again but I think he said it is American white Oak and full of splinters when I asked him about cutting it up.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
What wonderful things you show us Woody, I saw that blooming great plank in Brian's workshop complete with Birthday message on it.
He made me rub it down before returning to you.
I would never have guessed it would have created all this, stunning Sir Woody simply stunning.
Now tell me I am wrong again but I think he said it is American white Oak and full of splinters when I asked him about cutting it up.

No your right this time George well done me ol cocker go to the top of the class

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).