• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Not mushroom in the workshop

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Had a nice little play today with some of cuts of Cherry they vary in size from about 2" to 4" the small ones the others are 8" to 10" all ready for the village Christmas fair the grandchildren are going to pain the ones without any finish on them for them to sell they want spinning tops next so I have been informed and CD clocks

Attachments

• DSCF1421 (2).JPG
    DSCF1421 (2).JPG
    153 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF1422 (2).JPG
    DSCF1422 (2).JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 52

Jim

Grand Master
I love em Woody, the unfinished ones look uncannily like the real thing ... :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Love em, where do you get the wood to do the natural edge ones?

Just any old branches these ones are branches pruned from a eucalyptus tree but any thing about 2" to 3" will do Yew branches look supper

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Do you have to dry them or anything?

Soryy for the dumb ass questions

Not if you want to do them as rustic but if you want to polish them then yes you do I made some a few years ago from a conifer tree as garden stools for the grandchildren with no finish the girls loved them and played fairy picnics and no I didn't join in before some wise guy ask :rolling:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Not if you want to do them as rustic but if you want to polish them then yes you do I made some a few years ago from a conifer tree as garden stools for the grandchildren with no finish the girls loved them and played fairy picnics and no I didn't join in before some wise guy ask :rolling:

Super turning again ,Woody ..luv 'em ....

P.S I think you would suit a pixie costume.:devil:

L200arg

Graduate Member
I have been making mushrooms as well today woody and trees but mine are a bit smaller. The trees range from 4.5 inches to 2 inches and the mushrooms from 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch it's for a Christmas craft fair in november. :wink:image.jpg
There are 10 different types of wood including the base most of them off cuts.
Can anyone identify them all

Jim

Grand Master
Richard, i aint going to try naming all the woods, but i think i see 4 lol, but the piece is certainly different, how big is that base btw

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have been making mushrooms as well today woody and trees but mine are a bit smaller. The trees range from 4.5 inches to 2 inches and the mushrooms from 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch it's for a Christmas craft fair in november. :wink:View attachment 1552
There are 10 different types of wood including the base most of them off cuts.
Can anyone identify them all

I did something like that a few years ago with the mushrooms in the bark side of half a log they sold quite well

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
And heres a cluster I did a few months ago the main log is holly the large mushroom is part of the main log Frankie.
rsz_11rsz_mushroom_cluster 33.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).