• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A mix of turned items

SteveH

A few items that I've turned since starting a year ago

Attachments

• napkinringslighthouse(smallpic).jpg
    napkinringslighthouse(smallpic).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Nutcracker2(smallpic).jpg
    Nutcracker2(smallpic).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 4 tealights(smallpic).jpg
    4 tealights(smallpic).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Gobletcakestand.jpg
    Gobletcakestand.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 45
  • dip platter 3(smallpic).jpg
    dip platter 3(smallpic).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 45

Jim

Grand Master
Some very nice pieces there Steve, you have just reminded me how i must try be more initiative in my wood turning ... :whistling:

SteveH

I cut them into equal sided triangles, drilled a 30mm recess in the centre then mounted it in the small jaws of the chuck. It's pretty tricky as there tends to be quite a lot of tearout on one leg because of the lay of the grain. I used a bowl sander. Holding sanding strips to the timber is not a good idea!!!!

SteveH

Again thanks for your comments. A mate of mine got me interested in turning a while ago. So I booked a 2 day course at Yandles of Martock in somerset. I enjoyed it so much that I bought a fairly inexpensive lathe from Axminster and just spent every spare minute turning. I watched loads of videos online, read books, asked questions etc. Earlier this year I upgraded the lathe to a Record 1624 with the money I'd put away from the items I sold.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).