• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

An odd one

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this one this afternoon with a bit of Oak the black is ebonized with vinegar and wire wool about 8" x 4" I now have a wound on my wrist had a row with that long curved bit

Attachments

• DSCF1432 (2).JPG
    DSCF1432 (2).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF1433 (2).JPG
    DSCF1433 (2).JPG
    98 KB · Views: 32

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Pick on someone your own size, Woody! :nonono:

Sorry about the injury - that's a very lovely bowl! How did you cut the curve?

Hi David
The top part of it was cut away on the bandsaw then the rest with a bowl gouge the bottom it was all removed with the bowl gouge with the lathe running as fast as I dare

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hope you're not too badly hurt. That is the second one the other being your hooter. Love the bowl. Excellent turning!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Only a scratch and a little bump mate a moment of distraction and wallop :sob::sob::sob:

Jim

Grand Master
The piece does look good Woody, but i would rather you turn it than fight with it ... :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).