• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rippled Ash ginger pot

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Sneaked an hour in the workshop this afternoon as turning time could be limited this weekend. :down:

The good lady wife calls these ginger pots :nooidea: & I`m not daft enough to argue :eeeeek:

3 1/8" high x 3" wide, finished in carnauba wax.

Jim

Grand Master
What ever you call it Doug, it has a lovely shape and is very clean .. That finish is something else ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow Doug that is absolutely lovely perfectly formed and finished I just love the shape I may even copy it in fact I will copy it I'm sure my wife would love it I haven't made anything like that for years at one time I would make small boxes to put jewelry in at Christmas thank you for showing it Doug I really enjoyed it this is what turning is all about

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wow just look at the stuff that's getting shown on this board.
Untold talent coming out all the time, stunning work.

Bluefoxy

That's a real classic Doug, beautifully turned and finished. More properly called a ginger jar but don't argue with 'Er Indoors' :love_it:

Ray

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The bulls eye attracts you to the beautiful grain and agree with the others about the finish it is super. . :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).