• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

1st cast prototype

Incognitouk

so guys and gals here is a picture of my first prototype cast last night, still need to work on a few things to get it right but for a first cast i didn't think this was looking to bad

apologies for the poorly turned example but it is purely to see if the cast had worked or not

pen blank 1st prototype blue white 4 twist 1.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That looks interesting never seen anything like it before well done look forward to seeing it develop

Incognitouk

yes Richard this really is in the prototype stage, the jig im currently working on will allow me to pour up to 6 different sections / twists / colours

i roughly turned the rest of the blank i poured last nite i think my jig set up must have slipped slightly

pen blank 1st prototype blue white 4 twist 3.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am not a lover of plastics as you may well be aware but I do love innovation.
I take my at oft ear to you 10 outa 10 int?

Incognitouk

i have to make a few minor adjustment to my setup, so waiting on some parts arriving this week, but i should be in full flow production by next weekend :itscool:

Incognitouk

:idontknow::pounds:
i haven't even thought about pricing these yet, as i said in my other post i will be giving out some samples for you pro's to have a look and at and test out, if they pass your scrutiny then i will start thinking about pricing

i will only be able to give out a limited amount of samples so i will probably either make a post and first six get samples or maybe i should bow to the master's advice (Jim) and let him choose who gets them :P

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
i haven't even thought about pricing these yet, as i said in my other post i will be giving out some samples for you pro's to have a look and at and test out, if they pass your scrutiny then i will start thinking about pricing

i will only be able to give out a limited amount of samples so i will probably either make a post and first six get samples or maybe i should bow to the master's advice (Jim) and let him choose who gets them :P
The wise choice would be to let Jim sort it out for you as he knows who the best pen-turners are on his forum

Jim

Grand Master

I hate being the piggy in the middle so when the time comes the best idea is to run a poll and everyone gets a chance to choose the top five or six ... :bwink:

Thanks for the generous offer Stuart ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).