• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wanted :Tyme cub parts & a 1MT pen mandrel pls.

Woodski

Apprentice Member
Hi I have one of these delightful little lightweight lathes and would like any spares that may be kicking around in someone's workshop - bearings, belts M20 x 2 spindle attachments, spare tool rests, tool rests, short bed bars (I don't really want to cut mine down as it's a waste) - you get the idea.

Also looking for a 1MT pen mandrel or an adaptor to use my 2MT mandrel in my 1MT headstock spindle.

Woodski

Jim

Grand Master
Hi Woodski, i have just taken a look on the net for Tyme cub lathe, as this is the first time that i have heard of it, there is plenty out there by the look of it so i wish you luck in your quest ... :bwink:

Woodski

Apprentice Member
Hi Woodski, i have just taken a look on the net for Tyme cub lathe, as this is the first time that i have heard of it, there is plenty out there by the look of it so i wish you luck in your quest ... :bwink:

Hi Jim, I'm new to the site, but it looks a really good place to be with a lot of very helpful people sharing tips and know-how - just the kind of place for me.

Thanks again :)

Adam

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Just another thought about these jump sleeves, I don't know how big your lathe is but you will have to make sure your mandrel will still fit on your lathe as well.
Also further you go from your head stock more pronounced any run-out will be.

Woodski

Apprentice Member
Hi wm,

You're right! the further away from the headstock the more wobble there'll be. Some of those English made sleeves are pretty much perfect when you clock them up compared to the newer stuff!

I picked a nice live center up at Charnwood's (up the road from me) the other day so that's one off the list. The mandrel I reckon I'll just get another one with the right taper.

Thanks again :up:

Adam

mattyts

Registered
Hi wm,

You're right! the further away from the headstock the more wobble there'll be. Some of those English made sleeves are pretty much perfect when you clock them up compared to the newer stuff!

I picked a nice live center up at Charnwood's (up the road from me) the other day so that's one off the list. The mandrel I reckon I'll just get another one with the right taper.

Thanks again :up:

Adam
Buy a parallel mandrel then you can use it in your chuck on any MT lathe if you chose to upgrade in the future

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).