• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gifkin jig for cutting dovetails for boxes gift for grandson/daughter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The kids arrived picked up their car load of precious timber I had a brain wave (snap whatever) dismantled my never used Gifkin Jig set up to fit in their car.

Gifkin lived 1300 miles from here designed and produced this most innovative device for cutting dovetails of exquisite accuracy, set up and running all the doves and tails can be acheived in minutes for a box.The unit I designed was to allow one Router for the Doves and one for the Tails (instant change on the other side of the combs it is the plate bit over 2 feet square. Look up Gifkins on Google.

Anyway a mate of mine left Teaching here in Canberra his family live in Coffs Harbor he bought the company and was here this weekend at the Working With Wood Show and yesterday gave them a run through on the use of and accessories needed etc.

The Jig is brought to the combs that guide the Router bits to quickly cut the Dovetails. They will have to make an open table to fit the Routers on the plate and left here to go home to Sydney highly excited yesterday. This was another project I never quite arrived at doing. Quite a thrill to keep it in the family.

Kind regards Peter.:rolling:

Attachments

• DSCF0004-001.JPG
    DSCF0004-001.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0005-002.JPG
    DSCF0005-002.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).