• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

one with your name on

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Are hope they are ok I have found a use for 300. Win mag case but all will be be clear soon

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I can't knock it because it was probably asked for and I must say it is well executed, although the pic is a touch dark.
If you scratched your name on my pen I would have to kill you.

You take the trouble to create a work of art and stick graffiti all over it.
You don't buy a brand new car then drive it to Asda and ask the first available shopper to push their trolly alongside your brand new prized possession and scratch the hell out of it why ruin such a glorious thing?
Someone has some sick taste there I am sorry to say, imagine giving it as a gift "I have a bullet for you and it has your name on it", I would punch that person in the gob and nick their gun before they had a chance to pull the bloody trigger.
Other than that nice job well done I hope the recipient will be very happy with it.
Well George ain't here so I said it for him.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Grump, We are all entitled to our opinion But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and graffiti is also an art form I'm not condoning defacing private property
but neither am I trying to force my views on others Thank you for your more positive comments,Frankie.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I can't knock it because it was probably asked for and I must say it is well executed, although the pic is a touch dark.

You don't buy a brand new car then drive it to Asda and ask the first available shopper to push their trolly alongside your brand new prized possession and scratch the hell out of it why ruin such a glorious thing?
Someone has some sick taste there I am sorry to say, imagine giving it as a gift "I have a bullet for you and it has your name on it", I would punch that person in the gob and nick their gun before they had a chance to pull the bloody trigger.
Other than that nice job well done I hope the recipient will be very happy with it.

It make sense to me that if one's got your name on it then it's best you have it in your pocket and not in someone else's . I like it :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Love it very ell executed how much would you charge to do that, believe you me Brian is much worst than George he is Brian's apprentice LOL :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Love it very ell executed how much would you charge to do that, believe you me Brian is much worst than George he is Brian's apprentice LOL :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thank you dad, that's the nicest thing you have ever said about me in public.:thinks::thinks:

Now we have got that out of the way I am very interested in how you did that Frankie, was it hand engraved or cnc?
I have a cnc machine I am toying with, I have just setup the A axis on it but not used it in earnest yet.
It was X, Y, Z have now added today funny enough the A axis.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I have a cnc machine I am toying with, I have just setup the A axis on it but not used it in earnest yet.
It was X, Y, Z have now added today funny enough the A axis.

Ooh, ooh - pics please! I am building up the bits I need for an A axis so would be very interested to see yours. :camera::camera:

Jim

Grand Master
Looks very good to me Frankie, i can see people wanting their name on a bullet so you may be onto something here my friend ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master

You have to admit that the scratch is well executed Brian ... :ciggrin:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You have to admit that the scratch is well executed Brian ... :ciggrin:
Extremely Jim that's why I ask how Frankie did it.
I used to have a Pantograph and I have to say the feel and control is much better for pens or anything with a radius.
Although I used that little over the years and ended up selling it seized up to Ian who has joined the board as Dotslad.
I have moved to cnc because it is much more versatile and adaptable but so far not even been as successful as George with his.
Mainly due to the fact I work too many hours to find the time.
David I will start a new thread for the cnc this one is really for Frankie's masterpiece.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).