PDA

View Full Version : Mirfield 1 (York 3)

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
30-12-15, 18:54
Evening All,

I want to gauge interest for a York 3 located in Mirfield, West Yorkshire.

I, like Mr Lawton work in a secondary School. We too have very limit resources when it comes to out DT Department.

I am looking into running a day meet up at the school.

The dates are still to be decided. What works for people?

Location wise Mirfield is located on the Transpenine Line. Also is a stop on the Grand Central Line is coming from the South.
Also just off the M62.
The school is a 20min walk from the station or 5min taxi ride.

The town is good for Real Ale Pubs.

Please let me know what you think.

Dan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jim
30-12-15, 18:56
Count me in Dan, any date would suit as long as it is a weekend of course ..

Are both of you running this BTW?

bellringer
30-12-15, 18:56
Count me in

GeordieB
30-12-15, 18:57
I would definatly come Dan are you thinking of running it on a similar format as Neil did with York ?

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
30-12-15, 18:57
Count me in Dan, any date would suit as long as it is a weekend of course ..

Are both of you running this BTW?
I am hoping Neil will guide me ;)

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
30-12-15, 18:58
I would definatly come Dan are you thinking of running it on a similar format as Neil did with York ?
It will follow Neil's to the letter. Can guarantee the food will be as good but everybody loves a challenge.

GeordieB
30-12-15, 19:00
any help you need on the day Dan I am more than willing to lend a hand setting up etc I am only down the road

Lons
30-12-15, 19:05
Got to be interested Dan but very much depends when and what happens with my missus as she needs both hips replacing and I'd need to be at home.

Neil Lawton
30-12-15, 19:06
Who's Mr. Lawson?:nooidea::fart::whistling::funny:

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
30-12-15, 19:08
What you talking about Neil? ;)

woodhacker
30-12-15, 19:11

uh uh I smell trouble brewing at mll :rolling::rolling: :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Neil Lawton
30-12-15, 19:11
What you talking about Neil? ;)

Sooo lucky with the edit time on that one Dave Smyth!:ciggrin:

chas_41_uk
30-12-15, 19:14
I want to gauge interest for a York 3 located in Mirfield, West Yorkshire.
Please let me know what you think.
Dan

Well it's nearer home for me :thumbs:
I assume that Neil's York get together won't be happening then :rolling:

Who's Mr. Lawson?
Isn't he some bloke who ran the countries finances in the 1980's. :wink:

yorkshireman
30-12-15, 19:21
Count me in Dan

Doug
30-12-15, 19:22
I'd be up for it date dependant

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
30-12-15, 19:31
Is the summer holidays the best time to do it?

billyb_imp
30-12-15, 19:35
I'll be there Dan, or at least I will if I manage to enter the right date into my calendar :whistling::whistling:

Neil Lawton
30-12-15, 19:56
Joking aside, and just to clarify.

I can't thank people enough for the support that you have all shown for the school over the past two get togethers.
Circumstances change, and I don't feel inclined to support a change of direction that I don't really believe in.

Please be aware that your fundraising has gone directly to helping kids become more independent and creative over the last two years, with money mainly spent on materials we couldn't normally buy, and also on what is now considered "non essential" tooling, and once again I thank you for that. Unfortunately I can't guarantee the same would happen from now on.

Both Ali and I are happy to support Mirfield 1 in any way we can.

Bill Mooney
30-12-15, 20:14
Too early to say for me Dan.

Penpal
30-12-15, 20:29
Got to be interested Dan but very much depends when and what happens with my missus as she needs both hips replacing and I'd need to be at home.

Bob it is with deep concern I learnt of Mrs Bobs need of not one but two hips please pass on my consideration and all the best for her needs at this time serious stuff mate.

Kind regards Peter.

Penpal
30-12-15, 20:36
You are amazing Dan and how you can have all that energy then it dawned on me YOUTH everyone should support who can your new endeavour and with Neils support its a Monty to succeed.

Peter.

Neil Lawton
30-12-15, 21:03
You are amazing Dan and how you can have all that energy then it dawned on me YOUTH everyone should support who can your new endeavour and with Neils support its a Monty to succeed.

Peter.

Youth yes, my good looks, No!:funny:

johns486
30-12-15, 21:42
Count me in I had to miss the last one.

Lons
30-12-15, 21:53
Bob it is with deep concern I learnt of Mrs Bobs need of not one but two hips please pass on my consideration and all the best for her needs at this time serious stuff mate.

Kind regards Peter.

I appreciate your concern Peter.

Unfortunately progress has been very slow while her situation has rapidly deteriorated and she's not even on the list for the first replacement op until after her next consultant appointment on 25th January and even then it could be delayed further still. They normally wait 6 months between ops so the whole of 2016 is bu**ered I think.

The NHS can be excellent in the UK but they seem to have an almost mandatory 6 to 8 weeks between actions of any kind. Sad for someone who spent most of her adult life working there and helping others.

paulm
30-12-15, 22:00
I will be there if I can Dan.

Sorry to hear about Mrs Bob I hope she gets her replacements soon and is up and about without taking the entire year.

Lons
30-12-15, 22:39
Sorry to hear about Mrs Bob I hope she gets her replacements soon and is up and about without taking the entire year.

Thanks Paul

We knew it was going to happen as she struggled a lot around Oz a year ago but how quickly shes' deteriorated has been a shock.
She's incredibly positive though, I'd be impossible to live with!

Bob Ellis
30-12-15, 23:03
Not having been involved in the York sessions, I'm not sure what is envisaged, but I'm interested. However, the first and last weeks in August would be out for me due to bookings at folk festivals.

ni9eofse7en
30-12-15, 23:23
OK Spanner Time..Doodododo (If not sure think hammer time).

I missed York 1, but loved York 2. I would like a Mirfield 1 and a York 3, however I can understand Neils sentiments. If we had a Mirfield 1 in March/April, those who go on holidays in summer could possibly attend, then if things change we could have a second similar event in August/September at a different location.

I'm not being greedy, I just want my Lemon cake and to eat it all.:up:

Penpal
31-12-15, 00:49
I will be there if I can Dan.

How did the move go to where mate. Happy New Year.

Peter

wm460
31-12-15, 05:51
Sorry to here about your wife Bob, hope it not as long as you say.:praying:

Treeesa
31-12-15, 09:42
Sounds like a great idea but I'm too far away to come :sob::sob:

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
31-12-15, 09:49
Sounds like a great idea but I'm too far away to come :sob::sob:
Next two far away and lots of hotels near by such as metro hotels, holiday inn and premiere inn.

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
31-12-15, 09:52

Bob Ellis
31-12-15, 09:57
I missed York 1, but loved York 2. I would like a Mirfield 1 and a York 3, however I can understand Neils sentiments. If we had a Mirfield 1 in March/April, those who go on holidays in summer could possibly attend, then if things change we could have a second similar event in August/September at a different location.

I'm not being greedy, I just want my Lemon cake and to eat it all.:up:

I doubt whether having two close together would work and, in any case, Neil wants, understandably, to hand on the baton. However, I would second the idea of having Mirfield 1 in March/April rather than in mid-summer, when many people have planned holidays or have other commitments.

AllenN
31-12-15, 12:34
Hi Dan. I would be interested if the date fits. Didn't manage to make York due to other commitments but will certainly try.

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
31-12-15, 12:48
I doubt whether having two close together would work and, in any case, Neil wants, understandably, to hand on the baton. However, I would second the idea of having Mirfield 1 in March/April rather than in mid-summer, when many people have planned holidays or have other commitments.
I can definitely understand the thinking behind a March/April. Would most likely need to fall into the Easter Half Term slot if it were to happen then.

bellringer
31-12-15, 13:19
I can definitely understand the thinking behind a March/April. Would most likely need to fall into the Easter Half Term slot if it were to happen then.

I think that not a bad time to do it

chas_41_uk
31-12-15, 20:18
If it is Easter weekend I definitely WON'T be able to make it. Already committed to an event on Nottinghamshire

ni9eofse7en
31-12-15, 21:35

Ah I see the water beds have arrived.

ni9eofse7en
31-12-15, 21:46
I think that not a bad time to do it

Spring is hopefully banishing the winter blues. Less impact on holidays. And hopefully all are awash with ideas on what to make with shed time.

Bob, I know two a year is push but we do not have too many Yorkshire suppliers and shows, and I appreciate Neil and Co's efforts, and because I enjoyed it I wanted it again. I did say I was being greedy, it was the lemon cake you know.:drool:

Neil Lawton
06-01-16, 22:54
Spring is hopefully banishing the winter blues. Less impact on holidays. And hopefully all are awash with ideas on what to make with shed time.

Bob, I know two a year is push but we do not have too many Yorkshire suppliers and shows, and I appreciate Neil and Co's efforts, and because I enjoyed it I wanted it again. I did say I was being greedy, it was the lemon cake you know.:drool:

I missed this post.
If it helps John, I can ask my sister to make Lemon cake for Mirfield?

yorkshireman
06-01-16, 23:08
I missed this post.
If it helps John, I can ask my sister to make Lemon cake for Mirfield?

Yes please Neil