• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mirfield 1 (York 3)

First Name
Dan
Evening All,

I want to gauge interest for a York 3 located in Mirfield, West Yorkshire.

I, like Mr Lawton work in a secondary School. We too have very limit resources when it comes to out DT Department.

I am looking into running a day meet up at the school.

The dates are still to be decided. What works for people?

Location wise Mirfield is located on the Transpenine Line. Also is a stop on the Grand Central Line is coming from the South.
Also just off the M62.
The school is a 20min walk from the station or 5min taxi ride.

The town is good for Real Ale Pubs.

Please let me know what you think.

Dan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jim

Grand Master
Count me in Dan, any date would suit as long as it is a weekend of course ..

Are both of you running this BTW?

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
I would definatly come Dan are you thinking of running it on a similar format as Neil did with York ?

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
any help you need on the day Dan I am more than willing to lend a hand setting up etc I am only down the road

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Got to be interested Dan but very much depends when and what happens with my missus as she needs both hips replacing and I'd need to be at home.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Joking aside, and just to clarify.

I can't thank people enough for the support that you have all shown for the school over the past two get togethers.
Circumstances change, and I don't feel inclined to support a change of direction that I don't really believe in.

Please be aware that your fundraising has gone directly to helping kids become more independent and creative over the last two years, with money mainly spent on materials we couldn't normally buy, and also on what is now considered "non essential" tooling, and once again I thank you for that. Unfortunately I can't guarantee the same would happen from now on.

Both Ali and I are happy to support Mirfield 1 in any way we can.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Got to be interested Dan but very much depends when and what happens with my missus as she needs both hips replacing and I'd need to be at home.

Bob it is with deep concern I learnt of Mrs Bobs need of not one but two hips please pass on my consideration and all the best for her needs at this time serious stuff mate.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).