• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My little lathe has died :(

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Sad afternoon my little SIP appears to have died.

It started doing what I can only describe as pulsing and didn't spin consistantly.

I took the brushes out and they do look worn so I'm hoping that new ones will fix it.

Damned shame as I have 2 commissions to do

:pray:

Incognitouk

so when you turn it on Phil does it look like its about to spin then just stop and when you turn it off it then spins like once-twice and stops?

Jim

Grand Master
That must feel like losing an arm, well to me it would ... :sob: Hope it gets well soon Phill ... :thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
so when you turn it on Phil does it look like its about to spin then just stop and when you turn it off it then spins like once-twice and stops?

Not spinning at all but you can hear the motor trying which made me think of the bushes.

I'll try that and if that doesn't work then I need a sparky.

Geraeron

Apprentice Member
I had a similar problem with a scroll saw,, took it apart and found 3-4 segments gone on the motor.no repair possible. New motor too expensive, will need to get a new one. Will be looking for a better make this time:sob:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Phil, I'm wondering why you don't do a Jim/Terry/Richard? Axminster is only a click away, and you can never have too many lathes ... This one seems to be the choice of those what knows about these things, just in case you're tempted! :devil::devil::devil:

Geraeron

Apprentice Member
I had a similar problem with a scroll saw,, took it apart and found 3-4 segments gone on the motor.no repair possible. New motor too expensive, will need to get a new one. Will be looking for a better make this time:sob:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).