• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Year of birth pen stand and pen

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Year of birth pen stand and pen in corian the pen and trumpet are just to give you an idea that the setup would look like they need to be silver but gold is all I had
DSCF2931.JPGDSCF2932.JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wrong way round dad you need gold coins init?
Shame they don't have one for the year of your birth, coins weren't invented then.

Love you dad.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Really like that Woody where do you source your corian disks from

I get it given to me but you can get off cuts from kitchen fitting companies just offer to make them a pen from it or you can buy it from ebay

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
I get it given to me but you can get off cuts from kitchen fitting companies just offer to make them a pen from it or you can buy it from ebay

Nice work, Woody!

Did you know that you can buy similar-sized discs of corian from Axminster Tools?

Bob.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a great gift and commemoration.

Peter

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
You havnt got a link by any chance tried searching Axi site could not find

Hi, Alan,
That's strange - I've just spent an hour checking the Internet Axminster catalogue and I can't find them either. I definitely bought mine from there and, as Woody has done, drilled holes through them to accommodate the holder. This is quite easy to do with a sharp drill bit. Tomorrow I'll try to dig out a paper catalogue and send you the Code Ref so you can order from their main store in Devon.
Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).