• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from me!

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hello Guys and Guyesses,

I'm a newbie to this forum, having been a member of Grump's (Brian's) former site before its closure over the weekend. My main interest is in pen and other small turnings, and ALL my knowledge has come from forums such as this one, and from u-tube videos. It took a year of trial and error before I reached a standard which allowed me to sell good-quality, fault-free writing instruments. I've been selling my stuff for the last two years, but confine my shows to around the Xmas periods, as I feel these are the most productive times.
My activities were severely disrupted last December 1st when carrying some stuff into the hall where I was to take part in a craft fair. However, the gods had other ideas co's the old ticker suddenly stopped working and I keeled over. Spent two months in hospital while they dismantled me, throwing bits away here and replacing other bits there. Christ - I felt like the Bionic Man by the time I came out! But much healthier, thanks to the great people at Guys and St Barts!

All the best to everyone!

Bob. :banana:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ulo Bob me ol cocker glad you have joined as well with a bit of luck we can inject a bit of common sense into this lot :winking::winking::devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Bob, any friend of Brian and his gang are very welcome to penturners ... :thumbs: Very pleased to hear you feel fine now and are able to turn your pens, which we look forward to you sharing them in here ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bobby Bluntchisel welcome in mate glad you took the plunge good to see ya init?
Now clean your scanner glass up and show some stuff.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Bob friend of Brian been where you have been a few times feel I know our local hospital better by the lights in the ceiling view from the trolley sort of gives a different perspective dusnt it. Waiting to see some of your pens. I have tried to give the site a kick in the pants myself always willing to put up not shut up.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Welcome along, I'm fairly new here myself, It appears very friendly here....eccentric....but friendly
For some reason whenever I log in here I always start thinking about "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" for some strange reason :nooidea: :thinks: :roflmao::roflmao:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning here Bob,

Welcome madness over here is trying to fit all our activities in a day and incidentally something we inherit from our children.

All my knowledge is on this forum shared so far tells me normal guys and lady with abnormal expressions, I have mates from Mythatidwell not sure of the spelling so I have been subject to Welshness happily for the last forty odd years. We in Australia grow up with ancestors from all around the UK, Europe subjected to films from all round the world and while we were much more subjected to England one time regarded as Colonials we have shed this preferring our own way. Have fun on the site.

Kind regards Peter.:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).