• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Small belt sander.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I could see Grumps improving on this one, but ingenious.

I did one for my old lathe very similar, I might still have it somewhere.
I didn't use a bloody great great stone when Bungy did the job so well init?
Not because I needed to but because I had ordered the wrong sized belts and didn't want to waste them or send em back and wait another 3 weeks.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Cute I try not to be so lazy dangling my fingers around the inside of a rotating belt I like the simplicity of it if you made one for a normal two part bed easy to fit a hinge there to a locking slide. Personally sepate sanders keep the grit away from the bed however we all sand on the lathe when making our pens and bowls.

THanks Bill.

Peter.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Loved the belt sander, and I have some belts, now I am off on another tack. Can see it being useful for walking sticks that I make.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Hi Peter, how strange I have just sent some pictures of my sticks off my phone to Adelaide. I have not figured out how to post them on here yet but will get to it. Old age and lack of a brain don't help! Bill

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter, how strange I have just sent some pictures of my sticks off my phone to Adelaide. I have not figured out how to post them on here yet but will get to it. Old age and lack of a brain don't help! Bill

Look for them know a good deal about age and memory.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).