• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A real rose bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this bowl from a 10" x 1 1/2" lump of Sycamore this morning and done a bit of pyro work on the bottom and painted it with water color paints sealed with sanding sealer and paste wax and did I enjoy myself good fun

Attachments

• DSCF1458 (2).JPG
    DSCF1458 (2).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1460 (2).JPG
    DSCF1460 (2).JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 37

Jim

Grand Master
A very nicely finished bowl Woody, i love the Rose, was it traced on first or just off the cuff ... :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody,

In my experience most everyone traces or draws the image before hand working I just brought the wife in from breakfast to admire your beautiful hand working both on the bowl and the Pyro/Colouring. The consensus between us is that you have the Midas touch turning the simple wood into a thing of outstanding beauty the lines of the bowl breathtaking in itself, the Rose its crowning glory. I am anxious to obtain a pic especially for you of the Pyro Champion of our recent Wood Guild Exhibition this lady beat everything in the show including Richard Raffans famous Spillikans and a mate of mines exciting small hollowform in Amboyna Burl, his extraordinary bowls you know the ones with huge missing gaps that seem impossible. My mate Ben you would like to spend time with he is in your class, last year he won in front of Richard Raffan his first prize was 500 dollars. Your work is exciting, challenging, beautifully executed and worthy :claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::goesred: indeed you are the jewel in the crown of this forum indeed and fact IMHO.

Kind regards for the get together I forsee a great success. Peter.

Attachments

• Les 2 24-08-2011 10-29-5.JPG
    Les 2 24-08-2011 10-29-5.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 2

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thanks Peter I put it all down to an old timer I had the good fortune to work with when I was a young lad I ask him one day how do you know when it is finished his answer to me was when I have done my best and I have carried that with me to this day and I share the same wisdom with my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren I never aim to be the best I just try to do my best in everything in my life and to every body in my life

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Thanks Peter I put it all down to an old timer I had the good fortune to work with when I was a young lad I ask him one day how do you know when it is finished his answer to me was when I have done my best and I have carried that with me to this day and I share the same wisdom with my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren I never aim to be the best I just try to do my best in everything in my life and to every body in my life

Hey man you is the best ends there init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).