• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Priest

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
This is a priest i have made from oak and filled with shotgun shot and then capped with the end of a 300 Winchester magnum cartridge case and then finished with linseed oil

DSCF6732.JPG

DSCF6742.JPG

comments welcome

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hmm yeah I spose if you like that sort of thing, nuffink wrong wiv it just not my taste.
Your taking no chances that's for sure it will give one hell of a clout if you can lift and the fish at the same time.
Young strong fella like you will be ok ol git like me would need bofe hands to pick the preist up LOL.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As a retired Vicar that is one mean looking priest :funny::funny::funny::funny: sorry Alex I couldn't resist that one

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I've made a few of these and I really like the idea of capping with the 300 win nice one Alex.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
it also good as it only cost my dad :love_it: 2 shotgun cartridges that he bought for about £19.00 for 250 so it still very good

Jim

Grand Master
Very different Alex, didn't realise you were a fisherman also ... :ciggrin:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Alex,

Like the inclusion of the casing, makes it look classy. I used to do a lot of fishing and was always amazed at the need to use half a pound of lead to mash the brains of a fish with the exception of a dogfish and conger eel, both of which it was advantageous to despatch very swiftly and efficiently otherwise you might have stood a chance of either coming second or losing a bit of you that you would prefer not to have lost. We used to use a post to stick down the congers mouth that used to trigger the reflex action which closed the mouth swiftly into a block of oak or the like and then we could mash the brains to stop the thing wriggling and put it out of its misery.

I take it that you will only be despatching 50lb ers with this monster??

Have you got any of those casings going begging or know where I can get some? Have got an idea that might look good!

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i only have about five at the min but it you give me some time i can try and find some are you only wanting 300 win mag cases as i can get 308 win in large amounts

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Alex first time I have seen or heard of one of these I can see a need for dangerous fish seeking revenge, novel idea also why not for carving as well. Indeed the cartridge is novel combining hunting fishing. You have been busy and diverse. Yesterday the temp soared to 26 C so it is looking great to get into the workshop here, still rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, sorting clearing a path to the gear.

Kind regards Peter,

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).